Saturday, October 8, 2011

Incomplete Projects

Well, the house is a mess and I am seriously disorganized. There's is so much that needs to be done in this house. I feel like I don't know where to start. I keep starting new projects when I need to deal with what is already on my plate. Here are some things I have been working on. 


I've seen this project on line and in magazines. I used empty pickle and baby food jars, tissue paper, and mod podge.



When they dried I painted faces (very sloppy) and put little battery operated tea lights inside. They were $1.00 for a pack of 3 at The Dollar Tree. I got two packs. Think I'm going back to get more.



This console table was on sale at Target.com for $99. I kept checking it out so I finally got it. Can't wait to get a mirror and to dress up the dining room more.

I've been seeing people use drop cloths as curtains and as soon as I can settle on a curtain rod I'm going to give it a try. I also wanted to see how it would look if I reupholstered the dining chairs with the drop cloth. I did a quick sloppy job just to see and I really like it. I plan on making a table runner and some throw pillows to tie all the spaces together.


Ok so we still need to paint the base boards and attach them to the wall but I don't see how that getting done any time soon with hubby being on the road. Last night I painted the trim to the front door just to see how long it would take. Did it while the little one was sleeping. It was simple and fast. I think if I can tackle everything else that needs to be organized I can get these base boards done. I have to promise myself not to start them till they have my undivided attention.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...