Thursday, August 25, 2011

Apothecary Jars

I love the idea of using apothecary jars for decorating. I wanted to buy a whole bunch but found they are pretty pricey. I'd like to use some and make a candy buffet for my son's 2nd birthday. I've seen many blogs where people make their own with glass jars and candle sticks. I went to my local Good Will and Salvation Army but found not one glass jar with lid or candle stick. I shopped around on Etsy and figured I'd buy a few vintage ones at a time till my collection was complete. I already have a few glass candle sticks that I got from the Dollar Tree and JoAnn Fabrics.

I ordered a set of 2 from a shop on Etsy and my package came in today. I was super excited to receive them though they are a tad smaller then I envisioned. Soon as I put the boy to sleep I got to gluing candle sticks. Filled one with cotton balls and the other with q-tips. Right now they are in the hall bathroom and I couldn't decide how they should be positioned.

Though I am happy with my purchase I think find a cheaper solution still.

Any who here are some pics, I'm sure the layout will change a bunch of times till I'm happy with it.



I think I like this layout best.

This jar was left behind by the previous owners of our house.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...